If you are going hiking or camping alone, you want to find the best one-person tent for backpacking. There are plenty of options, including budget-friendly options, more luxurious tents, and lightweight ones.
No matter what you are looking for in a one-person tent, you will find plenty of great options below for your next solo camping or backpacking trip. And if you are looking for a tent to accommodate more than one person, see our tent reviews, including reviews on tall camping tents, screen tents for camping, and blackout tents for camping.
For detailed information, see our comparison table for one-person tents for backpacking and buying guide below.
- Our Team's One-Person Backpacking Tent Picks
- Six Top Rated One-Person Tents for Backpacking
- # 1 – camppal 1 Person Tent for 4 Seasons
- # 2 – Clostnature 1-Person Tent for Backpacking
- # 3 – Night Cat Backpacking Tent for One 1 to 2 Persons
- # 4 – Sutekus Tent Camouflage Patterns Camping Tent Backpacking Tent
- # 5 – L RUNNZER Single Person Pop Up Tent, 1 Person Mosquito Net Tent
- # 6 – Backpacking Tent 1-Person
- Comparison Table: One-Person Tent for Backpacking
- Buying Guide Questions: What to look for in 1 person tents?
- FAQs About One-Person Tent for Backpacking
Our Team’s One-Person Backpacking Tent Picks
Six Top Rated One-Person Tents for Backpacking
# 1 – camppal 1 Person Tent for 4 Seasons
- [Professional 1 Person Tent]: Size: Inner tent(L8.2ft x W2.95ft x H2.95ft), Outer tent: L8.2ft x W(2.95ft +1.31ft) x H3.11ft, 3500~4000mm Water Resistance. Fire Retardant Standard/CPAI-84. This 1 person camping tent is very light, just 3.75lb, easy to carry on when you camp outside, besides, it's also very easy to set up with only one single ridge pole.
- [Waterproof and Stable]: Outer tent with the water proofing value of 3500mm, seam taping on the zipper, velcro wrap with PVC & seam taping, 4 bottom corner with seam taping, which are high and good enough to prevent the water from entering even under the big heavy rain; Strong aluminium pole construction and the anti tearing rip-stop fabric which greatly help to prevent the hitting and tearing on fabric from the strong wind under the bad weather with big storm.
- [Extended Length - 8.2ft]: This single person tent is long enough to enable the taller person to sleep in the tent comfortably; The longer tent also provides with extra space for the personal belongings like luggage, backpack, clothes, shoes, etc.
The best one-person tent for backpacking is the camppal one-person tent. It weighs less than four pounds, so anyone can carry it throughout their backpacking adventures.
I like this tent because you can use it all year long and it is rain and windproof. The tent uses strong poles and fire-proof and anti-tearing materials. And, despite it being so durable, you can set it up in just three minutes. It comes down just as fast, and putting it back into its bag is not difficult.
It is plenty long at more than eight feet long, so it’s a great ultralight tent for a tall person. The extra length gives you plenty of space to store your backpack and other belongings.
If you backpack with trekking poles, you can use the poles to pull the tent door open as an awning.
And, if you come across any issues with the tent, there is a 30-day back guarantee. Choose from three colors: orange, green, and khaki.
# 2 – Clostnature 1-Person Tent for Backpacking
- 1 PERSON TENT: If trekking or backpacking personal in the backcountry, you will need a quality one person tent to keep you protected from the elements. Polyester rain fly&bathtub with PU 5000 coating is better in waterproof and firmer than you expected. Weatherproof material with factory-sealed seams keeps you dry and comfortable in all season&all weather conditions! You need an appropriate lightweight solo tent for backpacking!
- LIGHTWEIGHT: What factors should be considered for the best 1 person tent? Weight and overall portability must be important factors to consider! This ultralight single person tent only weighs 4.2 lbs. Packed Size: 15''x5.1''x5.1'', easy to put in one's backpack. The tent's size 7'3'' x 2'8''x 3', spacious room for a good sleep
- QUICK SETUP&COMPACT: A solo tent should be very easy to erect and takedown. Free-standing and two Aluminum poles designed for lightweight hiking tent's fast pitching. Easily set up by one person with no experience. This ultralight backpacking tent is compact and portable, and also great for Hiking, Bikepacking, Kayaking, Mountaineering, Fishing, or Car Camping
Another great one-person tent for backpacking is the Clostnature tent. It’s a good weatherproof option with a firm outside layer and a waterproof coating.
I love this tent because it is super simple to set up, even if you have never pitched a tent before. The convenient carrying bag includes everything you need to set it up.
Here is what you get with the tent:
- Carrying bag
- Inner tent
- Two aluminum poles
- Four ropes
- 14 stakes
- One pole emergency repair kit
There is a one-year warranty and satisfaction guarantee if you have any issues with the tent.
Once you set up the tent, you can tightly seal the door, sides, and seams to keep the inside dry. This tent is a great choice no matter what season or weather you are backpacking in.
You can choose between green and yellow for this one-person tent.
# 3 – Night Cat Backpacking Tent for One 1 to 2 Persons
- 【Lightweight & Compact】 The backpacking tent only weighs 2KG(4.4lb) and the package size is quite compact, only 42 x12 x 12cm(16.5 x 4.7 x 4.7inches) thanks to the foldable fiberglass poles. Ideal dome tent for camping,backpacking, hiking, beaching
- 【Easy Setup & Fast Take Down】 Manually setting up this camping tent is easy and fun, and it only takes about 1 minute to assemble. Taking down is also simple and quickly
- 【Waterproof & Windproof】 210D waterproof PED fabric PU 3000, oxford bottom fabric PU 3000, waterproof tape on every seam, to ensure the inside dome tent is completely dry under any rain situation even in the storm. Strong fiber glass poles guarantee the stability and long service life of using. Pegs and guy lines make it stable in a windy day
The Night Cat one-person tent is great for backpackers who want a waterproof tent for all seasons. It rolls up into a small tent bag that is just 4.7 inches by 16.5 inches.
I like this tent because it is a little taller than many one-person tents, so you have some extra room to sit up without feeling squished.
Here are the color options:
- Army green
- Light green
- Olive green
There is also a two-person option for this tent which is five feet wide instead of four. If you want some extra space for yourself or sometimes go backpacking with a buddy, the larger option is a great choice.
You can even use this as a 4-person lightweight tent if you are camping with kids.
# 4 – Sutekus Tent Camouflage Patterns Camping Tent Backpacking Tent
- Size: 78.7"L x 39.4"W x 33.5"H / 200 cm X 100 cm X 85 cm. One entrance only.
- Weight: 2lbs. Material: 180 D Oxford
- Contents: 1 x Tent(including two poles), 4 x Pegs, 1x storage bag.
The best one-person tent for backpacking that is closest to a standard tent is the Sutekus single backpacking tent. It is a lightweight tent under 1kg with a mesh top to keep out bugs but let in the fresh air.
I love how much space you get inside, given that the tent is only two pounds. The lightweight fabric has UV protection, so you can use it day or night.
There are three color options for this tent: camo, green, and khaki. It comes with a tent, two poles, four pegs, and a storage bag.
If you want something a little bigger that could fit two people if necessary, there is also a semi-double option.
# 5 – L RUNNZER Single Person Pop Up Tent, 1 Person Mosquito Net Tent
- POP UP IN SECOND - Just take off the elastic strap and the one person tent will automatically set up within a second. No tools needed! It is easy to be folded in the added carry bag (Please refer to the the video or instruction).
- UPGRADED Tarp Top - This mosquito pop up tent has been upgraded with tarp top on the head part, which can block raindrops and sunshine (You can choose mesh top if you want to enjoy nature when lying inside). The bottom helps isolate from wet or muddy ground.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & FOLDABLE - This single person tent is perfect for biketouring, backpacking, mountaineering or camping. The portable mosquito tent can be folded into a compact carry bag measuring only 13.7’’ Diameter, 1.18’’ thick. Total weight is only 1.9 lbs! It fits most backpacks.
If you are looking for a one-person tent that is super lightweight and sets up in just seconds, the L Runnzer tent is great.
I love this tent because it is one of the best lightweight tents under 1kg. And, to set it up, you just need to release the elastic strap, and it pops open.
Despite the easy setup, the tent can be used in every season. There is a mesh top to keep out bugs and let in fresh air when the weather is nice. Or you can use the tarp top to keep out rain and the bright sun. And the bottom is sturdy to keep you dry when the ground is wet or muddy.
There are five corners on the tent where you can put stakes to keep the tent on the ground, even in windy weather. And there is a double-sided zipper on both sides of the tent so you can easily get in and out of it.
# 6 – Backpacking Tent 1-Person
- 🧡1 Person spacious tent capacity- The 1 person ultralight tent is designed for a roomy and convenient experience. The 1 person tent with a 44 inches interior center height and 96 x 64(38+26) inches base dimensions is a spacious backpacking tent for camping with plenty of space for you
- 🧡Stable & Safe 1 Person Tent-To keep your backpacking tent dry, the sturdy polyester material on the outdoor ultralight tent body and the removable rainfly help ensure the waterproof feature for dry travel
- 🧡Interior B3 mesh wall and breathable design-Our ultralight 1 person tent is designed for enhanced airflow. A D-style backpacking tent door will keep an open view. Also, the backpacking tent 1 person comes with an inner storage mesh that helps keep the inside of the camping tent organized
Another great option is the backpacking tent for one person, which is great for windy destinations. There are windproof ropes and stakes to ensure that the tent stays in place whether you are in it or not.
Despite being strong enough to withstand the wind, it is still lightweight and has mesh walls to keep airflow.
I love how spacious the tent is because you have plenty of room for yourself and all your belongings. There is a gear loft for all your most important items. And you can put larger items in the inner mesh storage pockets.
You can set up this tent in just three minutes on your own. It is easy to carry with a weight of just under five pounds. And it folds up to a small size so you can stick it into your backpack.
Comparison Table: One-Person Tent for Backpacking
|camppal 1 Person Tent for 4 Seasons||$110.99||35.4″L x 35.4″W x 98.4″H||3.75 pounds||4 seasons|
|Clostnature 1-Person Tent for Backpacking||$129.99||87″L x 32″W x 36″H||4.2 pounds||4 seasons|
|Night Cat Backpacking Tent for One 1 to 2 Persons||$64.99||4.72″L x 4.72″W x 16.54″H||4.4 pounds||4 seasons|
|Sutekus Tent Camouflage Patterns Camping Tent Backpacking Tent||$29.99||39.37″L x 33.46″W x 78.74″H||2 pounds||4 seasons|
|L RUNNZER Single Person Pop Up Tent, 1 Person Mosquito Net Tent||$47.99||82.6″L x 41.3″W x 19.7″H||1.9 pounds||4 seasons|
|Backpacking Tent 1-Person||$49.99||44″L x 38″W x 96″H||4 pounds||4 seasons|
Buying Guide Questions: What to look for in 1 person tents?
The most important thing to look at in a one-person tent is the size. Will you have enough space for yourself and all your belongings in the tent? If it seems like a tight fit, go for something a little bigger so you are not uncomfortable after a long day of backpacking.
You should also consider the weight of the tent since you will be carrying it on your back for the entire duration of your backpacking trip. The lighter, the better, especially if you are new to backpacking, hiking, or camping and are not used to carrying everything you need on your back.
Finally, consider how long and hard it is to set up the tent. You are likely going to be alone, so you want the setup to be fast and simple. And the less time you have to spend putting up your tent, the more time you can spend enjoying nature and your solo backpacking adventure.
FAQs About One-Person Tent for Backpacking
One-person tents are perfect for backpacking trips, and you can even find some ultra-lightweight tents under 1kg.
The best overall option is the camppal 1-Person Tent for 4 Seasons which is affordable, and you can set it up in just three minutes.
Or you can try a one-person budget tent like the Sutekus Backpacking Tent.
Make sure you get the best one-person tent for backpacking before your next hiking or camping trip.