If you want some extra space in your tent but want to be outside simultaneously, a tent with screen room is a great option. The screen rooms keep bugs and rain away, but you still get good airflow.
Below are the top seven tents with screens, and they come in all different sizes.
- Best 7 Tents with Screen
- # 1 – Coleman Dome Tent with Screen Room | Evanston Camping Tent with Screened-In Porch
- # 2 – Coleman WeatherMaster 6-Person Tent with Screen Room
- # 3 -PORTAL 8-Person Family Camping Tent with Screen Porch
- # 4 – Dome Tent Ozark Trail 10-Person Family Camping Tent with 3 Rooms and Screen Porch
- # 5 – Coleman Cabin Camping Tent with Weatherproof Screen Room
- # 6 – Tent Outbound Dome Tent for Camping with Carry Bag and Rainfly
- # 7 – CORE 11-Person Family Cabin Tent with Screen Room
- Comparison table: Best Tents with Screen Room
- Buying Guide Questions: What to look for in tent with screen room?
- Tents with Screen Room – Frequently Asked Questions
Best 7 Tents with Screen
# 1 – Coleman Dome Tent with Screen Room | Evanston Camping Tent with Screened-In Porch
- Made in the USA or Imported premium polyester taffeta 75D material
- Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; Included rainfly offers extra weather protection
- Roomy interior: 10 x 9 feet with 5 feet 11 inch center height; Fits 2 queen-size air beds
The first option is the Coleman Dome Tent which has a screen room in the front. The screen room conveniently lets you get some fresh air without any bugs around you. It also has plenty of space for you to relax at five by ten feet.
Other than the screen room, I like the space the tent provides, as it fits two queen-size air mattresses. It is also tall enough for most people to comfortably sit or even stand, with a center height of five feet eight inches. There is also a slightly larger option that fits eight people.
You can set up this large tent in just fifteen minutes, and it is easy to transport with the carrying bag that’s included.
# 2 – Coleman WeatherMaster 6-Person Tent with Screen Room
- Spacious interior: Room for 2 queen-size airbeds and ample storage pockets to keep items organized.
- Easy Entry and Exit: Hinged door for fast, hassle-free access.
- Bug-Free Lounging: separate floorless screen room for insect-free relaxation.
Another great option for a tent with a screen room is the Coleman WeatherMaster. It has a screened-in floorless room that you access from inside the tent.
You can use this tent in all four seasons, and it comfortably sleeps six people or fits two queen-sized air mattresses. If there is rain, you do not have to worry about it getting inside the tent thanks to the inverted seams, rainfly, and angled window. The frame of the tent is also designed to withstand strong winds.
In addition to the large screen room, you have storage pockets on the side of the tent for your small valuables. The hinged door makes it easy for you to get in and out of the tent.
# 3 -PORTAL 8-Person Family Camping Tent with Screen Porch
- Tall 8 person Tent: This large tent is 20(14+6)' x 8' x 76", it comfortably fits 2 queen airbeds or up to 8 campers in sleeping bags on the floor. The 76"/6.3 ft center height provides a lot of room to move around.
- Good Family Interaction: This tent for camping is not recommended to be built by 1 person, it is best to be built by 2 or more people. For installation instructions, you can see the video on the product page or the instruction manual and instruction drawings in the carry bag.
- Screen Porch & Good Ventilation: This tent with screen porch makes a bug-free outdoor enjoyment. This cabin tent has high-density net door, windows and ceiling which offer a great view and air circulation. Large vents draw in cool air from the ground and allow hot air to escape through the mesh ceiling.
If you are looking for something a little bigger, the PORTAL 8-person tent with a screen porch is a similar and good option. There is no floor in the screen room, but the screen keeps out bugs while still allowing for good airflow. The inside of the tent also gets good airflow thanks to the large vents and mesh ceiling.
This tent also fits two queen-sized air mattresses or eight people in sleeping bags. You can use the tent in the rain, and water will stay out thanks to the leak protection and tight ground stakes.
The tent is large, and you will want two to three people around to help set it up. However, the setup is simple, using the instruction manual or video online.
One of the biggest reasons I like this tent is the height of 76”, which allows most people to comfortably walk around in the tent.
# 4 – Dome Tent Ozark Trail 10-Person Family Camping Tent with 3 Rooms and Screen Porch
- Sleeps up to 10 people. Spacious interior fits 3 queen size air beds
- 80 in. center height provides headroom and walk around space. Front screen porch area for bug-free outdoor enjoyment
- Two removable room dividers allow you to choose whether you want one big room or up to 3 separate rooms. Three windows, a mesh roof and walls provide cross-ventilation
If you are looking for a larger screen tent for camping, check out the Dome Tent Ozark camping tent. You can sleep up to ten people comfortably in this tent or put three queen-sized air mattresses. This tent with screen porch provides extra space away from the sleeping area where you can hang out without bugs.
I like this tent because you can split the tent up into three separate rooms, each with a window. Or you can take the dividers down and make the tent into one large room. No matter which option you choose, you will get plenty of airflow thanks to the mesh roof and walls.
There is also a removable rainfly that you can put on when it rains to keep the tent dry. And one of the coolest features is the movable hanging pocket that you can put a tablet for everyone to watch.
# 5 – Coleman Cabin Camping Tent with Weatherproof Screen Room
- SCREENED PORCH: Adds 35% more space than comparable 4-person dome tents; enjoy bug-free lounging and extra storage space
- STAY DRY: Detachable rainfly as well as a tub-like floor with welded corners and inverted seams help keep water from getting in; Strong frame withstands winds up to 35mph
- ROOM TO STAND: Vertical walls and a high ceiling allow campers to stand upright and easily move around
Another great screen tent for camping is this Coleman tent. You get 35% more space thanks to the screen room, where you can relax without bugs or keep some of your extra gear.
It is easy to get air flowing in the tent with the screen room, the panoramic windows, and the ground vents.
I like this tent because the ceiling is six feet tall, so most people can stand or squat down comfortably. This tall 4-person tent can cater indivdual sleeping bags or a queen-size air mattress, but there is also a six-person option.
No matter how many people you have in your tent, you can easily set up the tent in ten minutes. There are three poles and color-coded sleeves to put them in. The tent comes with a bag to carry it and a one-year warranty.
# 6 – Tent Outbound Dome Tent for Camping with Carry Bag and Rainfly
- FIBERGLASS “EASY UP” TECHNOLOGY: Our Outbound tent features a strong durable fiberglass frame system that allows for quick super-fast setups
- ROOMY 6-PERSON TENT: This backpacking tent is spacious featuring a D-Shaped door with built in zip windows for excellent ventilation. Has interior mesh pockets that provide convenient extra storage for personal items
- WEATHER RESISTANT: Heavy duty 600 mm coated rain fly with front canopy provides water and weather protection. Both the welded leak proof seams and polyester bathtub floor are built-in to keep water out of your tent
This six-person Outbound Dome Tent is another great option for a tent with a screen. You can set up this tent easily, and there is a D-shaped door for easy in and out. There are also windows on the tent and mesh pockets to store important items.
You can use this tent in the spring, summer, and fall. However, it is still durable in the wind and rain. The rainfly and front canopy keep the rain out of the tent. And the tent is made from lightweight but durable fabric that will stay strong in any weather. The tent only weighs sixteen pounds, thanks to the lightweight fabric.
# 7 – CORE 11-Person Family Cabin Tent with Screen Room
- SPACIOUS INTERIOR: Nearly straight walls and an 86-inch center height create generous space to stand up and move around.
- WEATHER PROTECTION: H20 Block Technology combines water-repellent fabrics with a fully taped rainfly and sealed seams to resist rain.
- ADJUSTABLE VENTILATION: Lower air intake vents draw in cool air from the ground while the mesh ceiling allows hot air to escape.
Finally, the largest screen tent for camping I recommend is the CORE 11-Person Family Cabin Tent with Screen Room which can sleep up to eleven people. The tent has high walls to maximize space, and the center height is 86 inches.
I like that the screen room in this tent has a floor for maximum comfort and protection from bugs and rain. The tent is made for three seasons, and it has air vents and a mesh ceiling to provide consistent airflow. The tent is made of water-resistant material, and there are sealed seams and a rainfly to keep out water.
There are also pockets on the inside for storage and a lantern hook on the top. Everything you need to set up the tent is included in the carrying bag.
Comparison table: Best Tents with Screen Room
|Screen Tent for Camping||Price||Capacity||Size||Weight|
|Coleman Dome Tent with Screen Room||$229.99||6-8 people||10’ x 9’ x 5’11||20.15 pounds|
|Coleman Weather Master 6-Person Tent with Screen Room||$379.99||6 people||11’ x 9’ x 6’8||35.9 pounds|
|PORTAL 8-Person Family Camping Tent with Screen Porch||$259.99||8 people||20′ x 8′ x 6’3||25.8 pounds|
|Dome Tent Ozark Trail 10-Person Family Camping Tent||$180.98||10 people||17’ x 13.5’ x 6’8||30.25 pounds|
|Coleman Cabin Camping Tent with Weatherproof Screen Room||$219.99||4-6 people||11’ x 8’ x 6’||24 pounds|
|Outbound Dome Tent for Camping with Carry Bag and Rainfly||$99.99||6 people||12’ x 7’ x 5’5||16 pounds|
|CORE 11-Person Family Cabin Tent with Screen Room||$249.99||11 people||17′ x 12′ X 7’2||32.6 pounds|
Buying Guide Questions: What to look for in tent with screen room?
First, you want to decide if you want a screen room with or without a floor. Some of the screened rooms do not have floors, so you will have to wear shoes or put down a tarp. These rooms are also not practical if the ground is muddy or wet.
Second, make sure the tent and the screen room have a door or zipper to keep any rain and mud out between the two. Otherwise, the inside of your tent will be exposed to any of the elements that your screen room does not fully keep out.
Tents with Screen Room – Frequently Asked Questions
Using a tent with a screen is a good idea if you want an area to spend outside with protection from bugs and the elements.
The best overall tent with screen tent is the Coleman Dome Tent with Screen Room, but there are plenty of other great tents with screen room too.
No matter which one you choose, it is a good idea to have a tent with a screen to give you and your group extra space.