Finding the best women’s high-arch support hiking shoes can seem quite a daunting task. And at times downright confusing! Probably the best thing to do is research all you can and gain information about the condition. Firstly, there is no specific cause. Unfortunately, if you don’t start wearing the correct footwear to address this problem early, it can have painful and undesirable consequences.
So, what do we need to look at when we want to look for the best women’s hiking shoes for high arches? Certainly, good ankle support is essential as well as good cushioning and shock absorption and we look at some good hiking boots for high arches.
- 6 Best High Arch Support Hiking Shoes for Women
- Buying Guide Questions and Answers
- Is the same boot suitable for Plantar Fasciitis?
- What must I look for in good hiking boots that cater for high arches?
- Why do women with high arches need arch support?
- What is metatarsalgia?
- With high arches, which is the best i.e. boots or shoes?
- My podiatrist made me orthotic inserts for my high arches – can I still use them?
6 Best High Arch Support Hiking Shoes for Women
1. Keen Women’s Voyageur Mid-Hiking Boot
- UPPER: Water resistant leather keeps your feet dry and performance mesh increases air flow
- TRACTION & PROTECTION: 4mm multi directional lugs for increased traction on and off the trails; KEEN.ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsole for higher traction grip when you need it
- SUPPORT: Stability support shank provides support on uneven surfaces; Injected heel capture system provides next level stability by holding the heel in place
- Uppers with the Keen Women’s Voyageur Mid hiking boot are water-resistant 100% suede leather, and a moisture-wicking lining. Four mesh insets keep it well-ventilated.
- The whole boot is styled off Keen’s traditional wider footwear form, giving it a wide footbed, a wide toe box, and great arch support.
- A built-in ESS shank gives rigid, but lightweight stability in the midsole.
- Keen uses a natural, pesticide-free probiotic-based technology called Eco Anti-Odor for alleviating the sweat smell in their boots.
- Because of the high arch in some women Keen uses a Metatomical footbed which has an insole designed to offer better support. Special emphasis is given to the big toe as this is often where problems arrive in people with high arches. This then provides a perfect cradle for your foot giving great cushioning and arch support.
- Dual-density compression-molded EVA provides cushioning, bounce and support in the midsole.
- The cushioned collar offers soft cushioning and support around the ankle, reducing friction and irritation.
- Keen All-Terrain rubber outsole with its 4mm multi-directional lugs give awesome traction, stability and grip to all surfaces whether wet or dry.
- These boots also have patented toe protection.
- Cushioned collar offers soft cushioning
- User complained of the sole not lasting long
2. Xpeti Women’s Thermator Mid High-Top Waterproof Outdoor Hiking Boot
- Waterproof & Protection: Women hiking boots features Hydroshield Membrane waterproof mesh upper that keeps your feet cool and dry.
- 200 Grams Thinsulate Insulation for -13°F. Integrated inserted EVA Midsole, Light weight and Sturdy enough even when carrying weight
- Advanced Technology: Integrated inserted EVA midsole.Flexible MD midsole reduces foot fatigue and absorbs shock. IT MAY BE A BIT SMALL THAN NORMAL SIZE, RECOMMEND ORDERING A FULL SIZE UP FROM YOUR NORMAL SIZE.
- Uppers of the Xpeti Women’s Thermator boots feature Hydroshield membrane waterproof mesh that keeps your feet dry.
- 200g of Thinsulate blocks out the cold and prevents heat escaping. It provides insulation to -20F. Although this boot is amazingly warm in winter, it is equally comfortable in the warmer summer months.
- The midsole uses Advanced Technology which is integrated inserted EVA and Flexible MD which produces good cushioning, shock absorption, and flexibility
- These boots have superior arch support and are recommended as good women’s hiking boots for high arches.
- Other features making the boots good for high arches are the molded TPU heel stabilizer and the molded rubber toecap. These give good cushioning and protection.
- These boots have a great insole which gives excellent all-round support.
- The outsole of these boots uses rubber Omnigrip Technology with 7mm multi-directional lugs for superior grip and traction.
- These boots are not only good for women with high arches, but according to many reviews are durable and long-lasting as well.
- These boots may not be so pretty to look at because of the high cut, but it gives wonderful ankle support which is good for the high arches.
- Super comfy
- Excellent for high arches
- Good cushioning
- Difficulties with sizing the boots
3. Oboz Bozeman Mid Leather Hiking Boot – Women’s
- The Bozeman features a dual density midsole with gender-specific tuning, 3.5 mm rubber lugs, and a supportive TPU heel clip for all-day comfort with everyday style.
- O Fit insoles with Algae Bloom: Insoles made with Bloom Algae technology use sustainable algae biomass without compromising durability or comfort.
- Reinforced toe cap
- Uppers of the Oboz Bozeman Mid Leather’s are waterproof nubuck full-grain leather. The leather has been oiled so that it is less susceptible to stains.
- The B-Dry waterproof and breathable membrane keeps water from entering shoe, at the same time allowing the sweat to escape.
- Board-lasting construction gives a stiffer bottom and reinforced toe to these boots, adding to the support.
- The O Fit insoles are made with Algae Bloom which is turned into soft foam-like cushioning which supports the arch.
- The dual-density EVA midsole with its Gender-Specific fit gives all-day comfort.
- The boot also has a TPU supportive heel cup which adds to the stability
- The Bozeman outsoles have 3.5mm rubber lugs for good traction and grip.
- The boot has over-the-ankle height giving good ankle support.
- In various reviews people have stated that these hiking boots are an excellent choice for women with narrow feet and high arches, as they give good arch and heel support.
- Longevity with water-resistant leather
- Wide toe box
- Cushy heel
- Some users complained of the boots coming apart too quickly
4. Lowa Women’s Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot
- High-quality nubuck and cordura upper for a durable yet breathable fit
- Breathable textile lining with Gore-Tex interior membrane for waterproofing and ultimate climate control
- Removable, textile lined insole with slow reacting foam layer for added comfort
- These luxury Renegade GTX women’s hiking boots from Lowa are made of full grain nubuck leather and Cordura. (strong and versatile 100% recycled nylon, resistant to abrasions, tears, and scuffs)
- The boot has a Monowrap frame that supports and stabilizes the whole boot. It also provides lateral stability.
- It has a Gore-Tex breathable membrane which seals out the moisture, while letting sweat out.
- It has a stiffer full-length shank in the midsole which protects the foot from sharp edges and gives the boot the extra stiffness it needs to flex at the ball of the foot. It also provides stability. These are all essential functions when worn by women with a high arch.
- The insoles have a Climate Control Footbed which lets air in and allows heat out. The lining is made of nylon and has perforations for air circulation.
- The midsole is Double Injection Polyurethane for superior cushioning and comfort.
- The outsole is Vibram rubber compound with thick non-slip rubber lugs. This is shock absorbent and adds durability and improved traction and grip on all surfaces.
- Shock absorbent
- Several color options
- Gore-tex lining
5. Ariat Women’s Terrain Hiking Boot
- ALL-DAY COMFORT: Featuring the ATS technology, the Terrain hiking boots offer durability and all-day comfort; These women's hiking and endurance boots are prepared to take challenges head on; In addition to being ready to tackle the trail, they’re also stirrup friendly to keep you comfortable on horseback as well;
- EASY TO CLEAN: Featuring a durable construction with ergonomic design, these hiking boots are designed to last; The Terrain takes on the most grueling tasks and finishes strong; To keep them clean, wipe them regularly with mild soap and water using a soft cloth to dust off the dirt
- SUPERIOR SHOCK-ABSORPTION: Featuring a lightweight EVA midsole for superior shock absorption and the Duratread outsole for maximum wear resistance and flexibility, you'll stay sure-footed and comfortable; A must have for any rider, hiker or hunter
- Uppers of the Ariat Women’s Terrain Hiking Boot are oiled full-grain leather with a moisture-wicking lining on the inside for good foot hygiene allowing the sweat to escape.
- Using the Waterproof PRO technology these uppers keep your feet dry and the water out.
- Insole uses ATS Technology (Advanced Torque Stability) to cushion your foot and in doing so help you achieve good posture. This in turn helps with the arch support. The insole is removable (it does have arch support of its own) so you may replace it with your own personal orthotic insert if you so wish.
- Inexpensive, but good quality for women with high arches. They come highly recommended by many.
- These hiking boots have a lightweight EVA midsole which gives good cushioning and shock absorption.
- The footbed has a gel forefoot cushion which is a big plus for high arches as it absorbs the shock impact when you take a stride.
- The toe box is roomy giving you ample room to spread your toes.
- Other features which are so good for high arches are: a padded collar for comfort and ankle support, the polyethylene contoured footbed, and the heel cradle. They all help in alleviating the stress impact which a long hike can cause.
- The Duratread TM outsole provides superior grip and traction.
- Footbed has a gel forefoot cushion
- Lightweight EVA Midsole
- Some users griped about the sole coming loose
6. Nevados Boom 2 Mid Hiking Boot
- Grip The Ground - As you set out for a day hike or week long adventure, trust your feet to the Nevados Boom 2 Hiking Boot for women. The boot�s breathable suede upper is supported by a stiff midsole that soothes your arches as they make their way over boulders and through bogs.
- Reliability & Performance - Our outdoor hiking boots for women are a solid choice when embarking on multi-day backpacking trips. Their ankle collars provide additional support and keep debris out of your socks while heel and toe bumpers protect you from knocks which is important when navigating rocky terrain.
- Ultimate Durability - When you're exploring nature's beauty, it's important to be prepared for anything. That includes a good pair of women's hiking boots that won't let you down when the trail gets rugged and rocky. There are many great brands out there, but our durable construction is unmatched!
- This is an extremely well-designed boot which is inexpensive too. It lays claim to the fact that it is one of the best boots for high arches.
- Uppers of the Nevados Boom 2 Mid Hiking Boots are made from breathable suede leather which is water and weather resistant. These boots are not waterproof.
- The insole footbed is cushioned and contoured, which conforms to your own foot shape making it very comfortable.
- The insole is removable making it easy to replace with your custom-made orthotic insert, especially for high arches.
- Important for women with high arches, the heel cup has been specially designed to stabilize the heel and prevent any slip.
- The ankle collar provides ample support to prevent any unnecessary twisting and turning. This also helps to keep any stones and debris out.
- Heel and toe bumpers help for protection from any bumps and scrapes.
- Midsole is dual-density rubber providing good shock absorption and comfort.
- Excellent grip and traction on the rubber outsole is provided by the pattern of the multi-terrain lugs
- Very good value for money.
- Breathable uppers
- Ankle collars offer extra supprt
- Heel and toe bumpers
- None found.
Buying Guide Questions and Answers
Is the same boot suitable for Plantar Fasciitis?
Indeed you will, as Plantar Fasciitis is often caused by high arches.
What must I look for in good hiking boots that cater for high arches?
Good ankle support is essential as it will prevent twisting of the ankle, which can make spraining of the ankle a risk.
You will need boots at least one whole size bigger to make sure your feet aren’t squashed causing further problems.
Good cushioning, shock absorption and stability are all things lacking when you have high arches, and therefore are supinating.
Supination is common in people with high arches. This is the rolling motion to the outside of the foot as you walk. This happens because the arch doesn’t flatten enough as you take a step.
High arches need more cushioning, but if the condition is severe you should see a podiatrist for custom made orthotics.
Why do women with high arches need arch support?
Arch Supports will distribute the weight across the whole foot, relieving the pain and pressure when walking.
What is metatarsalgia?
This is the sharp pain in the ball of your foot brought on by not wearing the proper supportive footwear.
With high arches, which is the best i.e. boots or shoes?
It all depends on what is most comfortable for you. If you are wanting footwear for everyday wear, shoes might suffice, but if you’ll be walking on uneven ground or long distances you will probably benefit from the ankle support you will get from boots.
My podiatrist made me orthotic inserts for my high arches – can I still use them?
You may have to replace the insole in the boot if it already has arch support, otherwise it may cause an imbalance and aggravate the pain. Most boots have removable insoles for this reason.
Buying women’s hiking boots for high arches need not be a nightmare. A podiatrist who can advise you of your requirements on your footwear will give you enough knowledge of this condition for you to make an educated choice.
Of the women’s hiking boots for high arches that we have mentioned, you will find the best budget-, luxury- and durable hiking boots. Some of them are priced at between $49 and $60, making them very reasonable. Others are more luxurious and more expensive.
Apart from features such as GORE-TEX lining to keep the foot dry and comfortable, the boots have been designed by renowned mountaineers and hikers and they’ve united to ensure you’re getting great boots that look out for high arches in female hikers.
Remember though that each person is an individual. The best women’s hiking boots for high arches will ensure the perfect fit. The right boots are out there, lots of them, and soon you’ll be enjoying your hiking painlessly and comfortably.