As an American manufacturer of outdoor products such as hard- and soft coolers, Yeti was found by two brothers – Roy and Ryan Seiders. Their love for the outdoors highlighted the need for decent outdoor products to enhance all their exciting outdoor adventures.
They realized the need for well-designed, effective cooler boxes and bags and their sought-after coolers came about. They range from 20 quarts to 82 gallons and their robust construction has labeled them as being indestructible. Which Yeti coolbox though?
You’ve got the need and Yeti has the solution
When looking at the Yeti Tundra 45 vs 65, which one will allow you to confidently plan all your outdoor adventures? Certainly, the larger Yeti 65 with dimensions 31.5 x 18.5 x 17.25 inches is for those who have had enough of the city. It’s for those heading into the wilds for a weekend or longer accompanied by 42 cans of beer.
And yet if you need a cooler for a weekend or 3-day trip, with a capacity of 28 cans and dimensions 25.5 x 16 x 15.5 inches, the Yeti 45 would also do the job well.
Does it matter to you to hear that when empty, the Yeti 65 is 6 pounds heavier than the Yet 45? What is important to note, is that the 45 will take up less space in your car too as compared to the larger Yeti 65.
Buying Guide Questions
Does it matter what color Cooler one buys?
Yes. You may not think that colors matter much but they do. The Yeti 45 wins in the color department. This is important with the wide color choice variety as darker colors absorb more heat. So black coolers can reach 170°F on a boiling hot day while a white cooler reaches 110°F. The Tundra 45 comes in more color options, but fortunately, both the 45 and the 65 are available in white.
How do these Yeti Coolers work?
When it comes to Yeti 45 vs 65, both the coolers have polyurethane between their inner and outer walls. This material has been selected because it has a very low heat transmission coefficient to decrease heat loss to a minimum. You’ll find the lids of these coolers have a gasket to prevent hot air from entering.
So let’s compare some of the features of the two coolers :-
Yeti Tundra 45
Yeti Tundra 65
|Offers 37.6 quarts||Offers 57.2 quarts – 20 quarts more than the 45|
|Holds 28 cans and 35 lbs of ice||Holds 42 cans and 56 lbs of ice|
|Tundra 45 features a gasket and Interlock Lid System to keep the cold air in.||Tundra 65 features a gasket and Interlock Lid System to keep the cold air in.|
|Tundra 45 has insulation features such as Permafrost design, FatWall design, and ColdLock Gasket.||Tundra 65 has insulation features such as Permafrost design, FatWall design, and ColdLock Gasket.|
|Tundra 45 has durability features such as NeverFail Hinge System, T-Rex Lid Latches and Rotomolded Construction.||Tundra 65 has durability features such as NeverFail Hinge System, T-Rex Lid Latches, and Rotomolded Construction.|
|Handle -Two side nylon rope handles. Also has hard rubber grips for single-person carrying.||Yeti 65 also has nylon rope handles with a rubber grip on the sides.|
|Dry goods tray keeps food dry and away from contact with ice.||Dry goods tray keeps food dry and away from contact with ice.|
|Ice retention – the 45 can keep your food and beverages cold for roughly 3 – 4 days.||Yeti 65 offers roughly 6.5 days of ice retention.|
When you look and compare the Tundra 45 and the Tundra 65, you find that they are actually very similar in terms of their features and that they are only really different when it comes to size.
Is the Yeti Tundra 45 big enough?
- There are a few factors to take into account when deciding on the cooler size that is right for you. The Tundra 45 is one of the most popular sizes and is great for all kinds of outdoor getaways.
- It’s great for single people, a couple, or a family of 5 who wants to stay away for a weekend to a week.
- For detailed features, please refer to our article which specifically covers the review of Yeti Cooler 45.
What size Yeti Tundra should I get?
- Yeti Tundra coolers are available in various sizes. What do you want to use your cooler box for? Regular road trips, regular camping trips, holidays to the beach, or for your crowd when you go to sports events? Your needs will determine the size cooler you choose.
- Choose a size that can handle whatever you need to stash in it. Within the Tundra hard cooler range you can take your pick from the 35 right up to the Tundra 350.
- This is Yeti’s biggest premium cooler with space to hold 82.4 gallons. You simply buy the cooler box that suits your unique scenario. Think of how many days your adventure will last and how many people will be joining you.
Is the Yeti 65 worth it?
Yes, it is. With such a cooler you can confidently book your next getaway. When you read customer reviews on the Yeti 65, those who have used the cooler say it has some of the best performing insulation and that it does what you need it to do. That makes sense as some of its drawcard features include, among others –
- Rotomolded construction
- Sticky rubber feet to prevent it sliding around on smooth surfaces
- Excellent ice retention
- Interlocking lid system
- Heavy-duty rubber latches
- 5-year warranty
Tundra fans say that when you invest in the stylish, cool Yet 65 you’ve got a sturdy, reliable cooler for life.
Looking at the Yeti 45 vs 65, you can be sure that with a capacity of 37.6 quarts for the Tundra 45 and 57.2 for the Tundra 65, these are both the ideal companions for every one of your outdoor adventures.
There are many similarities between these two coolers and just a few differences. With this Yeti Tundra 45 vs 65 review, you can decide which of these two coolers will be the best one to add to your outdoor gear.