It might seem hard to find the best camera strap for hiking, depending on the style and features you want. Lucky for you, all the top camera straps, harnesses, and holsters are listed below.
They have a variety of features, and all of them are durable and designed to protect your camera. So, no matter which one you choose, you will have a good camera strap to carry your camera on hikes. We have also reviewed hiking camera backpacks in a separate article.
Our Team’s Camera Strap Picks
- Best Overall Pick: waka Camera Neck Strap with Quick Release and Safety Tether, Adjustable Camera Shoulder Sling Strap for Nikon, Canon Sony Olympus DSLR Camera
- Best Budget Pick: Camera Harness Strap, Cross Shoulder Quick Release Straps for Binoculars, Rangefinders
- Best Chest Harness: USA GEAR DSLR Camera Strap Chest Harness with Quick Release Buckles, Galaxy Neoprene Pattern, and Accessory Pockets
- Best Multi-camera Strap: Nicama Multi Camera Carrying Chest Harness Vest System with Side Holster and Secure Straps for Canon Nikon, Sony Panasonic Olympus DSLR Cameras
- Best Extra Long Camera Strap: HiiGuy Camera Strap – Regular – Extra Long 32-44 Inch Camera Straps for Photographers – Heavy Duty Camera Shoulder Strap
# 1. waka Camera Neck Strap with Quick Release and Safety Tether, Adjustable Camera Shoulder Sling Strap for Nikon, Canon Sony Olympus DSLR Camera
- LIGHT AND COMFORTABLE - Made from Neoprene pad that is softer, breathable and non-slip, it helps release the pressure of your shoulder or neck and free your hands. Come with a zipper pocket for storing extra batteries, lens cap, memory cards etc. Ideal for hiking, travel and outdoor photography.
- ANTI-SLIP PADDING - The surface of the shoulder pad has been increased the friction to keep the cross body style camera strap from moving on your body.
- REINFORCED MATERIALS - With the durable stainless steel locker and the metal quick plate, you can securely fasten your camera onto the strap. The plate also features a protective anti-slip rubber pad to prevent slippage or scratches. Come with the anti theft safety tether that keeps your camera no longer sways.
When you are looking for the best camera strap for hiking, make sure you check out the waka camera neck strap. This is a simple camera strap that has a quarter-inch tripod stud screw.
This is a crossbody camera strap with a comfortable pad. Your shoulder will not get tired from carrying your camera, even on the longest of hikes. It will also stay in place thanks to the anti-slip pad.
The camera strap is durable, so you do not have to worry about it breaking mid-hike. It also has an anti-theft feature to keep your camera attached and prevent swaying.
You can adjust the length of the strap to be between 20.8 inches and 31.5 inches. And you get to choose between a black or a colorful strap.
I like that the pad on the strap is soft and breathable, so it is comfortable to carry for long distances. It is also non-slip, so you can be confident that it will stay on your shoulder as you are backpacking.
# 2. USA GEAR DSLR Camera Strap Chest Harness with Quick Release Buckles, Galaxy Neoprene Pattern, and Accessory Pockets
- ADJUSTABLE, PADDED CAMERA HARNESS custom fits your body providing hands free use and balance for hours at a time. Excellent equipment for photography amateurs and professionals
- VERY COMFORTABLE NEOPRENE DESIGN and durability offers even weight distribution around your neck, back and shoulders reducing pain and discomfort. Great camera accessory for hiking and walking
- EASY TO USE QUICK-RELEASE BUCKLES makes setting up and removing the camera from the harness simple | DUAL LENGTH SLIDING STRAP BRACKETS provide a great holster for photographers of all sizes
If you are looking for a camera harness for hiking, check out the USA GEAR DSLR Camera Strap Chest Harness. Using a harness is one of the best camera holsters for hiking if you want something extra secure or want your camera right in front of you for easy access.
My favorite thing about this camera harness is how it even distributes the weight of your camera between your neck, back, and shoulders. So even when you are carrying it all day long, you will be able to continue hiking comfortably.
There are multiple adjustments on this strap so you can make sure it is secure on your body. And there are quick-release buckles that allow you to easily get your camera off the harness when necessary.
The camera harness also has storage pockets where you can keep your accessories for easy access on your hike. You can store lens caps, memory cards, batteries, pens, cleaning cloths, and more.
Here are the color options you have for this camera harness:
- Polka dot
# 3. Nicama Multi Camera Carrying Chest Harness Vest System with Side Holster and Secure Straps for Canon, Nikon Sony Panasonic Olympus DSLR Cameras
- Secure Camera Locking System, with Instant Release. Pay Attention：when sticking the shoulder strap, keep some angle as the image to make it not touch the neck.
- Perfect for the photographer on the go ;Backup safety camera strap
- 1 or 2 Camera Carrying Design - Carries any type and size of camera and lens combination
Another great option for a camera holster for hiking is the Nicama Multi Camera Carrying Chest Harness Vest System. This is like a harness, but you can use it to carry multiple cameras.
You can attach one camera to the front of the harness on your chest and another on your side. It does not matter what two cameras you are using, as both will fit without affecting or damaging the other.
And you do not have to use this strap for two cameras. You can attach one camera to either attachment and use it too.
I like the instant-release option, which allows you to grab either camera in just a second when you need to get a shot. However, the cameras also lock tightly into the harness, so you do not have to worry about them falling off in the middle of your hike.
The harness is one-size-fits-all, so you just need to attach your camera, and you are good to go. The size of your lens also does not matter for the compatibility of this chest harness.
# 4. Camera Harness Strap, Cross Shoulder Quick Release Straps for Binoculars, Rangefinders
- ✅ Ergonomically Comfort. Use this stretchy X-shaped camera harness straps to spread the weight of camera across your shoulders for more relaxed viewing. It's suitable for photographers hunters hikers and bird watchers.
- ✅ Premium Material. Elastic nylon straps with quick release buckle is adjustable for sliding camera into viewing position. Black real leather is very tough and performance better in spread the gravity.Thick string with nice stiching to secure your camera safe.
- ✅ Labor Save. It won't bounce around or move when you are jostling or walking, keeps camera hangs at your belly button. You will not feel any strain on your shoulders or neck after a long walk.
Another great camera harness for hiking is the Bigorport Camera Harness Strap and Cross Shoulder. It is a great, budget-friendly harness that will keep your camera in front of you during a hike.
You can stretch out the elastic nylon straps to fit anyone, and the straps help spread the weight evenly across your torso so you will not get sore from carrying your camera. There are also quick-release straps on the harness so you can easily remove your camera.
My favorite thing about this harness is that it will prevent your camera from moving when you are walking. It will stay in place near your belly button to keep it from getting damaged.
You can get this camera harness in black or brown. There is a 12-month full warranty, so you can get a refund or replacement if you are unsatisfied with the harness.
# 5 – HiiGuy Camera Strap – Regular – Extra Long 32-44 Inch Camera Straps for Photographers Heavy Duty Camera Shoulder Strap
- 📸 Quick Release Clips for Easy Use: Switch your camera from one mount to another effortlessly with our quick-release system, designed for photographers who own multiple cameras.
- 📸 Ultra Comfortable Sling Design: With anti-slip dotted cushioning, experience the pinnacle of comfort while shooting, even with a heavy lens. Perfect for big and tall individuals.
- 📸 Multiple Sizes for All: Our Camera Straps come in M/L extending up to 32 inches, and XL/XXL extending up to 44 inches, making it easy for everyone to find their fit.
The final camera hiking strap that I recommend is the HiiGuy extra-long camera strap. This extra-long camera strap is 44 inches long, so anyone and everyone can be comfortable using it.
The strap is made of high-quality polyester, plastic, and rustproof metal, so you can use it frequently on your hikes without having to worry about it breaking or deteriorating. There is also a quick-release function so you can grab your camera off the strap.
This camera strap has two screws, so you can add a second camera when you want. No matter how many cameras you have on the strap, it will not hurt your shoulder thanks to the ultralight padding on the strap. There is also a textured surface on the pad to make it stay in place.
The strap also has a small zipped pocket on it where you can store batteries or an SD card.
There is also a regular-length version of this camera strap that is 32 inches long.
You also get the following bonus items with this strap:
- Microfiber cloth
- Camera tether
- Clear SD card case
- eBook with tips and tricks
Comparison Table: Camera Straps for Hiking
|Camera Straps||Price||Strap Material||Size||Style|
|waka Camera Neck Strap with Quick Release and Safety Tether, Adjustable Camera Shoulder Sling Strap for Nikon, Canon Sony Olympus DSLR Camera||$29.99||Anti-slip Neoprene||Adjustable 20.8 to 31.5 inches||Crossbody|
|USA GEAR DSLR Camera Strap Chest Harness with Quick Release Buckles, Galaxy Neoprene Pattern, and Accessory Pockets||$17.99||Padded neoprene||56 to 68 inches on each side||Harness|
|Nicama Multi Camera Carrying Chest Harness Vest System with Side Holster and Secure Straps for Canon Nikon, Sony, Panasonic Olympus DSLR Cameras||$37.95||Nylon and mesh||Adjustable||Holster|
|Camera Harness Strap, Cross Shoulder Quick Release Straps for Binoculars, Rangefinders||$14.99||Elastic nylon and leather||Stretchy elastic||Harness|
|HiiGuy Camera Strap – Regular – Extra Long 32-44 Inch Camera Straps for Photographers – Heavy Duty Camera Shoulder Strap||$17.19 – $20.79||Polyester||32 to 44 inches||Crossbody|
Buying Guide Questions: What to Look for in a Camera Strap for Hiking?
First, choose the style of camera strap you want to use. A harness will keep your camera in front of you but might be more or less comfortable than a shoulder strap with your camera on the side.
You also want to decide if you want a strap that only carries one camera or if you would prefer to have the option to attach two cameras.
Camera Strap for Hiking FAQs
Camera straps are a great way to keep your camera safe and accessible during a hike. There are a lot of options and styles to choose from, including a shoulder strap, harness, or holster for multiple cameras.
No matter which one you choose, any of the best camera straps for hiking above are a great choice.